Design of Reinforced Concrete Using the ACI Code: Strength Analysis of Beams – An exclusive online course taught by Jack C. McCormac Russell H. Brown
Jack C. McCormac Russell H. Brown is conducting an exclusive online course that will focus on how to create the design of reinforced concrete as well as strength analysis of beam as per ACI code. The course will continue for 1 hour.
This course is specifically designed to explain strength analysis of beams by adhering to the ACI code. The brief explanation will be given on two types of design methods i.e. working-stress design and strength design; highlighting strength design.
You will also come to know the benefits of strength design and why it has shifted to the preferred method. In the course, two methods are evaluated which are utilized for working out structural safety of a reinforced concrete structure. In the course focus is given on varying expressions related to stress load and beam integrity. Besides, information is provided on various types of ACI codes and how they are associated with beam strength.
After successful completion of the course, one will achieve the following skills :-
• Recognize the variations among the working-stress method (WSD) and the strength design method.
• Know the benefits of the strength design method.
• Recognize the two methods of calculation which are employed in structural safety.
• Define the method of beam expression with regards to stress loads.
• Recognize the ACI code that is associated with strains in flexural members
• Define the ACI code with regards to Balanced Sections, Tension-Controlled Sections, and Compression-Controlled or Brittle Sections
• Recognize the ACI Code for the prescribed values or strength reduction factors of material strengths.
• Recognize the ACI Code requirement and equations which are applied for finding out minimum percentage of steel
For more information, visit the following website www.redvector.com