Tips to Increase Construction Efficiency
Earthquakes are one of the most feared forces on the planet. Earthquakes happen because tectonic plates collide and rub against each other. Most buildings do not collapse because of earthquakes, but due to the foundation displacing. This causes the top part to sway, vibrating in resonance till the tension forces crosses the threshold resulting the building to collapse.
Here we are about to discuss how to increase operational efficiency at a construction site. It is described as a company’s ability to deliver products and/or services in the most cost efficient way while taking care that quality is not compromised. Today; the perplexities of construction efficiency projects are constantly increasing. Let us look at ways efficiency at construction can be increased.
• Improvement of planning – Several construction efficiency errors are made in planning stage. If proper homework isn’t done regarding how much materials and workforce is required prior to starting a project considering all case scenarios. It is advised to devote time before starting a project to figure out the people, processes, information, equipment, and materials that will be needed.
• Good Construction management software – Nowadays there are too many tools available to help in the job. A good construction software can help in keeping things organized and free from the hassle of paperwork. Construction management software can handle billing, contracts, document management, incident reporting, etc.
• Building Information Modeling (BIM) – Building information modeling (BIM) is getting popular day by day in the construction industry. It refers to the process of creating digital representations of buildings before starting work on them. It allows to have a prior visualization of the project helping to weed out bad costs and unnecessary time consuming details.
• Paying attention to the staff’s opinion – Workers are the eyes and ears in the field. They can provide raw review of the workplace.
• Proper training of workers- It is advised to keep workers updated and trained in critical skills, for example, a supervisor can use his new skills to guide workers in a more efficient way for installing tiles making the work to be completed properly sooner.
• Improvement of communication- It’s important the supervisors, project manager and the workers have communication with each other so that any problem that arises in the job gets addressed and solved quickly eliminating the chances of time waste.
• Performance measurements – It’s a great motivational impulse for workers if their hard work is recognized and commended. Makes them more motivated and helps in efficient result.