Safety Measures in Construction Site
Constructions sites are the place where risks are inevitable. The workers on the job site are exposed to various dangerous situations. Even a single miss of safety term can cause severe injuries, sometimes death. So, it is important to follow the safety tools to avoid life threatening problems. The effect of simple safety policy will bring in a calm and friendly working environment for the workers.
Following a safety precaution not only protects the workers from fatal consequences but also keeps builders away from legal issues raised because of the infringement in the safety term. The content discusses the basic site safety rules that every work site must follow. They are a simple set of rules offering results rooted deep in a problem free construction environment.
• The site manager must conduct a site meeting before the construction process starts. It should be attained by the entire work force, and the possible safety problems of the job site should be discussed to solve the existing problems.
• The workers must keep the job site tidy, keeping aside the dangerous items that cause potential risks. The demolished materials like mortar, glass, hardcore and concrete should be dumped away from the working area. If it is not possible, they should be separated using fences.
• Every worker must put on the necessary safety protections to keep themselves unaffected if the worse situation comes. You must be accompanied by hard hats, gloves, heavy boots, and protection glasses during your work.
• Using right tool and machinery also comes under the building site safety policies. The machines should be in a working condition and must be maintained in a good way.
• Working at heights is another thing that is common in the construction field. Risks are also higher for those who are working above the usual height. To avoid risk related to fall, site instructor should check ladders and scaffolding prior to the job. Safety harness is another best option to ignore the problems related to working at heights.
• Banning on alcohol consumption on the job site is the rule strictly followed by the workers.
• Workers should be informed about the health problems caused by a prolonged work in hot, cold and wet environments. They cause a range of health risks, from dehydration to sun strokes.
• Every job site keeps the First Aid materials in an organized way that can avert any kind of inconvenience.
• Every worker must have clear knowledge of what to do if an emergency strikes. The work responsibility must be divided among workers so that they can take quick action to cut down the damages.
Maintaining a proper safety protocol is one of the important things in a construction work. Every building site must follow the rules as strictly as they are mentioned in the rule book. The infringement in the safety term can bring unnecessary legal issues and halt the construction work temporarily or permanently. The risk of life is the major thing to be concerned.