A position is vacant for field engineer/coordinator
PCL, a renowned general contracting firm, is inviting applications for the position of field engineer on permanent basis. The job location will be Minneapolis, MN-150000P5. The deserving candidate has to work in construction projects based on Minnesota or at other construction projects situated all over the US.
- Work in tandem with the PM, Superintendent, and other project staff by assisting them.
- Make connections and stay in touch with owners, design partners, subcontractors, & workforce.
- Scrutinize shop drawing, submittals and schedules, and process RFIs
- Help in enforcing and observing the quality control, safety and environment programs
- Help in project layout formation
- Help in preparing all schedule & updates, recognize significant work items, and prepare long-lead items
- Help in creating monthly billings, cashflow projections, and process change orders
- Help in preparing standard reporting, project costing, and forecasting
- Deal with document control together with submittals schedules, contract documents, shop drawings, etc.
- Provide support for delivery, inventory, and ware-housing of materials and equipment
- Settle problems in jobsite and conflicts, liaise with subcontractors, suppliers, and workforce
- Preserve as-built drawings & manuals
- Provide support for project closeout
- Participate and/or lead meetings
- Assign duties of other staffs properly
- Must obtain or will be acquiring a degree in Construction Management, Construction Engineering, or other degrees concerning the construction industry prior to June 2016
- NOTE: The Students who have completed their graduation after June 2016 will not be eligible for applying for this post.
- Sound knowledge with Microsoft Office Suite and existing industry related programs
- Candidates will be ready to transfer to future project locations if required (including locations outside of Minnesota)
- Selected candidate may be required to complete and pass a criminal background check
- Employment with PCL is conditional upon passing a substance abuse test
Apply online pcl.taleo.net
- Demonstrated leadership, communication and interpersonal skills
- AutoCADD, MicroStation & Preimavera experience is preferred
- OHSA 10, OSHA 30, SWPPP, LEED, DBIA or other industry related certifications are preferred
Image Courtesy: youtube.com