Bechtel is inviting application for the position of Senior Construction Engineer
Bechtel, the globally recognized engineering, project management, and construction firm, is seeking a Senior Construction Engineer in Houston, Texas for permanent basis.
Job responsibilities :-
- Alloted to the Bechtel Tank Business Line Operations department in a project/construction support capacity.
- Study tank project construction activities to resolve scope, time and resource requisites.
- Review project designs to identify potential changes to improve constructability of the work. Identify engineering, purchasing, fabrication, shipping and construction critical items that have the potential of impacting project work schedules.
- Generate construction drawings and schedules as well as produce "as built" drawings and other job plans, design temporary tank construction facilities.
- Build up project execution plans, schedules, tool lists and staffing plans for entrusted projects.
- For active projects, scrutinize advancement and cost reporting method, manage jobsite overheads for labor, equipment, material and services and make sure that expenses for field operations do not surpass the budget.
- Create strategy and apply methods to make guarantee for construction operations constantly stick to engineering designs, specifications, quality standards, schedules and budget. Organize construction operations to certify these match with the established schedules totally.
- Evaluate specifications, purchase orders, inspection reports, delivery schedules, instruction manuals and technical data.
- Make sure vendor bids for material and equipment are matched with specifications.
- Integrate engineering design on constructability issues.
- Set up and sustain relationships with clients and their representatives as allotted.
- When field consigned, perform straight with construction engineers and superintendents in clarifying tank design drawings, supervising set up and planning of delivery of construction materials and equipment.
- Track construction advancement and cost reporting methods; pursue jobsite expenditures for labor, equipment, material and services to make sure that field operations are upto the budgets.
- Work in tandem with ES&H management to execute and vigorously support safety programs and strongly abide by the federal and state safety codes.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering (or equal work experience) or Construction Management.
- Demonstrated and progressively accountable for E&C/tank industry experience covering field engineering, construction and project management.
- Specialized technical knowledge in the diverse stages of tank construction and tank project management.
- Knowledge of procedures and processes concerning ES&H, procurement and construction operations.
- Previous knowledge in full containment tanks created to API codes.
- Robust leadership, teamwork and communication skills.
Image Courtesy: civil.teipir.gr